More than 60 years of research for retailing!
The roots of today’s EHI Retail Institute in Cologne can be traced the Rationalisation Association of the Retail Industry (RGH), established in 1951, and the Institute for Self-Service Retailing (ISB), established in 1957. The two merged in 1989 to form Deutsches Handelsinstitut (DHI), which was renamed EuroHandelsinstitut (EHI) in 1993. The name changes reflected a development from specialised institutes to one institute practising an integrative approach and focussing on Europe. The most recent name change made allowance for the growing internationalisation in the retail sector. Since the spring of 2006 we have been called the EHI Retail Institute.