Europe – 47 countries captured in a single word. Countries with their own cultures, languages, traditions, and also their own payment habits. This situation necessarily brings about considerable challenges for cross-border merchants. In the past, the payment systems for online applications and for point-of-sale purchases have developed differently in the various countries. What is more, the boundaries on the Internet are fluid. Those who purchase online often never even notice that they are in contact with an online shop in Spain, Ireland or Poland. In the European market in particular, it is therefore necessary to be aware of the different payment possibilities and to be able to offer them as appropriate.
Embedded in the context of the European payment ecosystem, the second edition of the European Payment Report concentrates on broad-based changes and specific national characteristics in the field of cashless payment in eleven European countries. Consequently, for merchants, service providers and payment providers, it represents an instrument for the analysis of current and potential target markets on the basis of which it is possible to optimise payment processes and make future business decisions.
- General and legal framework: including European Economic Area, SEPA, PSD2
- Secure payment transactions: e.g. PCI DSS, tokenisation security, 3D-secure
- Payment organisations – incl. contractual and legal structures
- Payment services: Card payments, direct debits, online credit transfers, prepaid methods, digital wallets, purchase on account and other offline payment methods
- Payment trends and business drivers: including internationalisation, digitisation, omnichannel, contactless payment, mobile payment
- Countries studied: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- Period studied: 2011-2015
- Card use – general and at POS terminals: including type, number, value
- Key figures for Internet usage and e-commerce: households with Internet access, online purchasers, B2C e-commerce sales and many other statistics
- Top online market segments
- Relevant online payment methods
- Online payment mix – by merchant portfolio and customer preference
- Payment organisations: acquirers, PSPs, third-party providers
- Country comparison
EHI members benefit from a €100.00 discount on order. Request your discount code at email@example.com.